
Last week, Jason was gone all week to his National Conference, so the boys and I had lots of momma-son bonding time. We got to go do one of our favorite spring activities...picking strawberries! The boys went 2 weeks ago with Daesha and JEremy and were ready to get more of the "world's juiciest berries!"

Jacob REALLY got into picking this time. This was is position most of the day. He picked 8 pounds by himself!

Jason called while we were picking. The boys loved telling him all about it live!!!


Rylan liked for me to hold the leaves up for him so he could see the reddest berry on each plant. He would only pick the red, red, red ones! He got 4 pounds of red, red, red ones!



So for the next few days we will be eating fresh strawberries, strawberry shortcake and strawberry bread. I've never made jam... Do you have a favorite way to eat berries?
3 comments:
I want to go so bad! Next time I am there! Glad you had some mother/son(s) time. Those are the best! Enjoy every minute...
Um, maybe if you make some stawberry something-or-another....call me and I will help you eat it. haha
Looks like another FAB pickin' day at the farm. Every time I say or type pickin' I always say in my head ...and grinning from Hee Haw.
I am old.
We'll have to get out to FF SOON.
I've read some recipes online for making freezer jam but have never tried. Last year I flash froze ours and used them in smoothies or on oatmeal.
HOW FUN!!
You asolutely HAVE to make freezer jam. Go to the canning aisle in your grocery store and buy the yellow box of "Sure-Jel". It will give you specific instructions for making freezer jam. Also, make sure you have some good plastic containers handy. You will not regret it!
Post a Comment