"This is the day that the Lord has made. I will rejoice and be glad in it." Psalm 118:24
Thursday, April 21, 2011
Our (Pitiful) Bluebonnet Day
We LOVE bluebonnets! We are Texans to the core and love to celebrate the GREAT state of Texas! Every year we have gone to take photos of the boys in the bluebonnets and have some family fun. This year we totally had the family fun, but the bluebonnets were lacking...like MAJORLY! As we approached Chappel Hill, we saw one small, sparse field of flowers. We kept going to our traditional spot with the red barn in the background. There were ZERO bluebonnets! We drove around Chappel Hill and Brenham for about an hour and found NONE! So we went back to that first pitiful field and met about 50 other families trying to position their kids so it looked like there were more flowers than there actually were. Here is our attempt at Bluebonnet pics for 2011. Even though the flowers are sparse, the kids are cute and they called the day "glorious!" God Bless Texas!
Kim, You poor thing. Your bluebonnet picture made me laugh! It had to be hard on you. I know how much you love them!It was a pitiful glorious day! (Grandma loved the pics of all of you, of course!) Love, Martha
Kim is a Christian wife to a wonderful man, Jason, and mother of twin sons, Rylan and Jacob, living in the GREAT state of Texas. I taught first grade for seven years before staying home to be a full time mom. I keep busy at church by teaching the first grade class. I love to scrapbook, stamp cards, try new recipes, do Bible studies and play with my 3 favorite boys! I've also have an affinity for a certain pink bird - the flamingo!
"Since we have these promises, dear friends, let us purify ourselves from everything that contaminates body and spirit, perfecting holiness out of reverence for God." 2 Corinthians 7:1
1 comment:
Kim,
You poor thing. Your bluebonnet picture made me laugh! It had to be hard on you. I know how much you love them!It was a pitiful glorious day! (Grandma loved the pics of all of you, of course!)
Love, Martha
Post a Comment