Our church is very committed to memory work... which I LOVE!!! Each month the kids have a age-specfic verse and are given a game or two to practice to help learn the verse. One of the game ideas this month was Hide-n-Seek. I had some leftover heart die-cuts, so I wrote verse phrases on each heart. Then I sent the boys to another room while I hid the hearts all over the den. Once all the hearts were hidden, they came in and searched for them. Let the search begin!!!
After finding all the hearts we took them to the dinner table and sequenced them. After 5 consecutive rounds, I made them stop! hahaha The verse this month is... "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all you ways acknowledge him and he will make you paths straight." After playing this game the boys both knew it!


1 comment:
I love this idea. The kids in our small group memorized the 23rd Psalm a few months ago and it has made me want to start doing a verse a month. Such a fun way to learn it.
Post a Comment