Saturday, January 18, 2014

Happy 67th Birthday Mom!

I could just go on for hours about my mom.  I'm sure all girls think their mom is the best, but mine really is!!! She has given of herself to all generations of our family.  When the boys were born, she lived with us for 3 months until we could figure out all the feedings and diaper changes, etc.  When I taught school, she came up every Friday to help me re-decorate my classroom.  Those were fun hours of non-stop chatter!  She tirelessly cared for my Granny for years are Granny's health declined.  And these past few months, she has fought uterine cancer and WON!  This woman, my mom, is quite incredible!!!!

Due to the radiation treatments, her tummy is not quite ready for a "real" birthday celebration, but she was up to chicken noodle soup at Panera... so here it is!  
 As always, we had fun chatting about TV shows, the boys, church activities, stamping and scrapbooking.  It's such a blessing to live so close and to also share our hearts with each other.  I love you Mom!!!

No comments: