Our AC was on the blink and it was HOT inside our house! When it is 100+ outside, when the AC is not working, the heat inside goes up even faster. We keep our house on the cold side (usually 74), so 79 was like a sauna to us! Fast forward to supper... Rylan had been begging for Tortellini Soup for weeks. I kept putting him off because it was June... in Houston... land of HEAT! Who wants to eat soup when it is 100+ outside??? This precious soul... and who can resist that face??? Not this momma!
So even though we were melting inside, I made Tortelinni Soup, just for Rylan. Rhonda gave me this recipe several years ago. It has sausage, kale, tortelinni, chicken broth, veggie broth, fennel bulb and some other spices. It truly is divine!!!
And here is my Soup loving boy...
enjoying his special supper!
1 comment:
I keep wanting to try some new soup recipes, but I just can't bring myself to make hot soup in the summer. Maybe if/when one of my girls asks me for soup in the summer, I'll be as nice and sweet as you! ;)
Post a Comment