Friday, July 27, 2012

More Sprinkler Fun!

Once again we were out in the sprinkler after dinner and Jacob ran and put his wet handprint on the fence.  It made a perfect heart on his palm.  By the time I ran in and ran out to get the camera, it had evaporated a little, but you can still see it a little bit.

In Bible class and public school and at home, I have made a zillion handprints of children.  And I have never noticed the heart in the palm before.  The first thing that came to my mind were the nails in Jesus' hands.  OK, I know the nails were really in his wrists, but hands are close enough.  It made me think of the nails showing His love for us and that God gave us a reminder of His love on each of our palms with the heart.  I'll never look at my palm the same again!
 So as I was having this spiritual ephiphany, the boys were running like crazy!!! Of course, I showed them the heart and talked about the nails and God's love, but they were totally more interested in running...

 Gotta love those silly faces!!!

No comments: