Monday, July 30, 2012

Melting Pot... Flamingo Style

I got an email from The Melting Pot that they were having "Sundress and Sandal Girl's Night Out," so I immediately forwarded the email to the Flamingos to see if they were game.  Within a few hours we were all in and the reservation was made!  Since "we don't get out much" (which I said about a zillion times that night) we really enjoyed each other's company!!!  Here I am with Robyn!  
 For the cheese course, we got the seasoned cheddar.  It was OH SO GOOD and not a drop of cheese was left!!
 Then came the raw meat... Robyn had never been before and she was a little grossed out at the plate of meat at first and the idea of all our raw meat touching in the pot.  But after the first bite, she was sold! :)
 We had filet, tenderloin, chicken, shrimp and a ravioli thing.  The shrimp and ravioli were my favorite things, but I liked it all!  The potatoes were the overall least favorite thing and we all wanted more broccoli!


 Then came the best part... dessert!  Once again, not a drop was left!  This time each pair of us got our own plate of dippers.  Last year, only 3 of us went and we have to share one plate.  This was better!!
Well, I guess dessert was not really the best part... The best part was being with my besties and laughing, crying, sharing our lives, debating scriptural issues.  It was a GREAT night!!!  Can't wait til the next one... you know, since we don't get out much! :)

1 comment:

Holly said...

Such a fun night!! When can we go again??

Crying? I don't remember crying.

Love ya!