After lunch at Rudy's we headed over to Cave of the Winds. Our tour would begin in about 30 minutes, so the boys begged to pan for fossils, so we did!
This was far less labor intensive than panning for gold (freckles), but just as much fun!They got sea urchins, shark teeth, and more!
It was time to go into the cave. I have to admit, I got a little trapped feeling. The boys thought is was SUPER cool though!!! Several times we had to duck and suck in to make it through the passage-ways. There were also hundreds of stairs to climb, some quite steep and tight!
This part was where they used to let people pop off the stalagtites. Today you cannot even touch a thing!
Here is the ladder they used on the original tour. NO Thank YOU!!! I would freak out! Can you imagine going down this thing in a hoop dress and crawling on your hands and knees. No way!!
The soda straws... our favorite!
Overall the Cave was neat, but the ones in Texas are MUCH more impressive with the stalagtites and stalagmites. After the Cave no one was hungry and the boys suggested mini golf! We found this awesome mom and pop joint that was only $2 a person! It had 3 courses and was so cute!
GPop was the winner, but we all had tons of fun!!!









1 comment:
I lOVED looking at the pics from BIG ole Colorado!!! How fun. Now I wanna go. haha
:O)
Post a Comment