Monday, May 21, 2012

Some Fun and Games

We've been slacking off of the learning activities lately... between school, swim lessons, and outings, we have not been home too much!  One day though we had more fun working on numbers.  I did several pre-k assessments on the boys and discovered a few weaknesses.  To help solidify their numbers 1-20, we played this little game with their 6 tricky numbers.  

This can be played with letters, numbers, sight words, math facts and more.  I drew a not-at-all-fancy grid and wrote a number in the middle of each box.  Then I numbered the boxes with the target numbers.  Then I made a key to also practice color word recognition.  Last, I wrote the target numbers on a blank cube.

To play, roll the cube.  Read the number on the cube.  Read the color on the key.  Color one box on the grid with that number.  Loads of learning and loads of fun!



 Then we played a rhyming game.  these boys are rhyming maniacs!!! :)
 Another afternoon, Jaocb picked Cars Guess Who? to play.  The boys were one team and I was the other.  They legitimately beat me... bad!  They loved beating me and it was lots of fun to play.  One round we both picked Ramone and got the biggest laugh out of it.
I love these kind-of learning days that are kind-of lay but filled with fun and laughter.  These boys... they are my pride and joy!

1 comment:

Charlton said...

i love the color by number activity. I'll have to definitely try that some time!