Thursday, May 3, 2012

The Church

The other Sunday morning as the Lord's Supper was being presented, I was looking at the men standing at the front ready to pass the bread and juice.  As I looked at the 8 men, I realized that it was a whole spectrum of life.  There was a teen, someone over 65, an elder in the Lord's church, a preacher, an engineer, a coach, a missionary, an Air Force pilot, a WW2 vet, small business owner, dads, a shift worker... but they are all brothers in Christ.  It got me to thinking about the church.  What a blessing that God designed the church to need all kinds of people... to accept all kinds of people.  All men are equal in God's eyes and He will use us for His service whether high or low by the world's standards.  So I challenged myself to be used by God for His service... even though I am a stay-at-home mom, a woman, a teacher, a wife... God can use me to bring glory to His name.  Won't you join me in bringing glory to God no matter what your station in life???

No comments: