Just because I don't want to forget... The other night at dinner, we had some of Mrs Edna's famous homemade yeast rolls. Jacob kept saying they were the best thing he ever ate and it was the best dinner ever! Then after a few minutes, he turned his head around and said, "Oh Momma, I am so ashamed." I said, "What are you ashamed of?" And he said, with tears in his sweet blue eyes, and barely in a whisper, "I did not use my mouth to build you up and I am so ashamed of myself! You are a good cook and I should not have said that this was the best dinner ever. I am sorry that I hurt your feelings." It almost made me cry at his tenderness!!! We talk all the time about using our words to build others up (Ephesians 4:29). I did not realize that we must say "ashamed of yourself" more than we thought we did. So I took that sweet angel in my lap and hugged him and told him not to worry, that my feelings weren't hurt. And that Mrs Edna makes the best rolls on earth. Then he gave me his classic dimple smile and finished dinner.
May we all have purity of heart and tenderness in our speech...I know I need the help! And may Jacob always have a tender heart to use his words to build others up and not tear them down! Thank you Lord for the blessing of Jacob!
No comments:
Post a Comment