Thursday, December 22, 2011

A Little Learning...

The teacher in me needs to have some learning amidst all the fun! We've been working on recognizing and writing the numbers 1-20, so here are two activities we did for numbers.

This game came from Pinterest. I printed off the gingerbread man. He had the numerals 1-6 in the boxes of his body. Then the kids rolled a regular dice and colored in the corresponding number on the gingerbread man.
It was a LOT of fun and the boys wanted to do it with another shape!
The other activity is a twist on a Pinterest idea... I found a Christmas tree coloring sheet on-line. Then I wrote the numbers 12, 13,14, 15, 16, 19 on a wooden cube and on the tree worksheet. I made a key at the bottom of the page for each number to be it's own color.
The the kids rolled the numbered dice and colored a dot on the tree that corresponded. Anything with dot-riffics is a hit in this house!

1 comment:

Charlton said...

mackenzie LOVES the dot markers. I usually have to print at least 3 sheets for her to color any time we pull the markers out.