This was the view when we first entered the courtyard. Overall, the whole thing was smaller than I anticipated. It was life-size though. I guess all the drawings had a different perspective. Front and center is the burnt offering altar. We got to each throw some wood into the offering. BEhind it is the washing area and then the Holy Place tent.
Listening and learning SO much!

Before we entered the Holy Place, we learned about the gold boards and silver bases. There was real acacia wood to touch. It was about 100 degrees, so they had piped in AC to the tent, which we all appreciated! Entering the Holy Place took my breath away. In the Holy Place was a real-size lampstand, bread table and altar for incense. The lampstand was much bigger than I always pictured. To see all these pieces and hear the music/story, it was humbling. To think that only the priests got to see this... overwhelming.
Then we entered the Holy of Holies... I cried. To see the Ark of the Covenant... to think about the signifance for the Israelites... truly humbling and overwhelming.
We were all so hot and appreciated the old water bottles we got when we exited. It was one of those experiences we will talk about for years to come. Both of the boys favorite thing was the Ark of the Covenant. They kept thinking that each piece was the real one from 4000 years ago. If it comes near you, go!
7 years ago
2 comments:
What an great experience. If you have not done the Beth Moore study on the Tabernacle you would love it.
I am so sad I didn't get to go with you! What a neat experience.
Post a Comment