But really, a new year always brings thoughts of renewing convictions and making new goals for the new year. I've been thinking a lot about life and what really matters...how to spend your time...how to shine your Light for Christ in the dark world. I don't think I've come up with any new ideas, just renewed convictions of things I have already been taught. So for the new year, here are some things I want to either renew or start...
*Memorize 2 verses a month from the Bible - I did this in 2009 and it was an amazing experience (BTW, I HATE the word amazing, but it truly fits here)
*Pray more often with Jason
*Read 1 chapter of Proverbs a day - the one that coordinates with the date (ex. today is the 6th, so I read chapter 6)
*Talk more with Jason - turn off the TV and just talk
*Teach my kids more and more about God's Word, His love, His grace and mercy each day through direct opening of the Word, doing things for others and setting a better example
*Help Rylan and Jacob develop deeper prayers
*Pay off debt
*Have people over more often and not think it has be a production
*Find the good in things that annoy me (For example, as I am washing dishes, be thankful that I have a family to feed and dishes to wash, etc)
*Tell other people that I appreciate them.
*Practice what I preach
*Savor each moment with Rylan and Jacob and record those moments!
*Continue Flamingo Bible studies
*Sow seeds of peace
* Send more Good Mail
*Follow FlyLady's plan a little closer
*Write in my prayer journal more often
*Start a 10-year journal
*Savor the time with Granny and Popa
*Let my light shine for God!
Last week a precious 93 year old lady at church went home to Glory. She taught me in Cradle Roll and she also taught my boys. To say that she was dear to me is an understatement. At her service, our preacher read this poem that had been clipped and on her fridge for over 20 years. I think it will be my new theme for 2011. I hope it will be an encouragement to you too.
There's Only One Today!
Author Unknown
I'll never have this day again,
And when today is through
I may not have another chance
For things I ought to do:
The friendship I should offer,
The kindness someone needs,
The thoughtfulness I can express
In loving little deeds,
The helpful words that someone
Might wait to hear me say:
Lord, help me to remember
There's only one today!
4 comments:
There was certainly a reason I clicked over to your blog tonight! What a blessing this post was to me.
I love your "recommitments" list. There are so many on that list I should recommit to as well. Thanks for being a great example!
These are all such good goals/renewed commitments--mind if I copy? :) Hahaha!
I love the gift of a new--and a new day--to start fresh and do our best to be all around better.
Love ya!
Love your list!
I have been re-united with my 10 year journal and it really is fun to look back three years ago to special and ordinary days past.
I really would love to get involved with Beth and you gils in memorizing scriptures...Im looking for the website.
I did a Heart Pat when I read about your goal for reading Proverbs! I have been joining you without knowing it!!!!! I love Proverbs and I seriously focus on different verses every time I read them...just depends on the season I am in!
I know you will do great on your list...you are always a follow througher (is that a word- Ha!)
Love ya!
Loved all the goals! And I know that you will complete them girl! I am with Holly...I think I should just copy and paste them onto my site. I said I wasn't going to have any resolutions but those were so good I might have to rethink my plan. haha!
Aunt Dot's poem brought tears to my eyes! I am gonna so use that! I read it to Reid and he said...WOW that is good and she had it for 20 years!!! haha!
Post a Comment