Monday, January 17, 2011

Genesis 11

At the beginning of the month, I changed order of our home Bible lessons. I had been just picking a fun account from Scripture and coming with with some activities to go along with it. I decided that in January we would start in Genesis 1 and work our way through the Bible. I'm not sure how long it will take, and that is fine. This week we spent three concentrated days in Genesis 11 and they boys seemed to really learn the account and see a little deeper meaning to the account.

First we found the verses in both of their Bibles and we read them out loud. After asking basic recall questions, we acted out the Tower of Babel several times. Jacob LOVED being the people talking in all the different languages.
Even though the Bible does not tell us that the Tower fell, after the people spread in different directions, Rylan would come back and knock it down. He said that this was not his favorite part of the Bible because the people made God sad.
Another day we retold the story by reading a story book and then we made this craft. I drew the tower and the boys cut paper to be the blocks of the tower. It was fun!

No comments: