Monday, December 27, 2010

66 Club

The boys are officially in the 66 Club at church. The 66 club is when you can sing the books of the Bible to one of the Bible Hour teachers. There is a HUGE poster that you get your name on and you get these ultra-cool buttons! I thought the boys did it last year, but as I was looking at the poster last week, I noticed they had not. They were SOOOOOO proud of themselves and we were so proud of them too!
If you think your child is too young, to start learning Scriptures, think again. In our experience, by their 2nd birthday they can start memorizing God's Word. They can sing the Elmo theme song, so why not teach them a Bible verse song? At this age, they are such little sponges!!! The new memory verse program that our congregation started last January has been such a wonderful tool for all 4 of us. Jason and I have learned all 12 of the boys verses while helping them to learn them. Each verse has a home game and song to help the kids learn it. It is a great program! Never underestimate the mind of a child and what they can do!

GREAT JOB BOYS! :)

1 comment:

Heather's House said...

I am so proud of them! That is such an accomplishment. I am so thankful that our kids have such wonderful teachers and a church who love them and want them to learn God's word.

They are TOO cute for words!!!!