Monday, December 20, 2010

Spree!

Last year I read on Deborah's blog that they have a family tradition of taking their kids to a dollar store and letting them pick out gifts for everyone. I took the kids last year and they loved the shopping. The gift choices were so specific for each person and each receipient was thrilled. I think the cheap dollar stuff was everyone's favorite gift! This year, Jason wanted in on the shopping day fun, so we loaded up the car and hit the dollar store!

Here's what Rylan picked...
Daddy - tape measurer for his claims
Mommy - purple bath poof for HU club
Granna - maroon washcloth for CCHS
GPop - green and white football because he needs it to play with me in the yard
Shake Shake - set of a dozen hair combs so he never runs out and I like the number "dozen"
Granny - set of D notecards so she can send me a letter
Jacob - Peter Pan coloring book because of "too-duh-loo-loo-loo" (the crocodile) and a grey horse because he needs his own Cork

Here's what Jacob picked...
Daddy - set of screwdrivers because he fixes everything at our house
Mommy - measuring spoons because she cooks with me
Granna - candle about love because she loves me and I love her
GPop - windshield wiper on a stick because he likes cars
Shake Shake - chocolate covered raisins because they are his favorite
Granny - Charlie Brown pocket tissue 6 pack because I gave her it last year and she loved it

If you do not already do this with your kids, I recommend it. It is so heartwarming to see what they pick and they are so proud of themselves.

No comments: