Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Our very Own Tree!!!

My mom passed down my Aunt Ruthie's old 4 foot tree to the boys. That's really all they needed for Christmas! Last year, I let them use my pink tree, but they really wanted their own tree. They have a box of little ornaments that include: Rudolph set, Sesame Street set, lots of little colored balls, a Grinch set and some Peanuts wooden ornaments that my Mom made before I was born. They have decorated their OWN tree about 100 times since Thanksgiving night.
For his very own ornament this year, Rylan picked Cars. He loves, loves, loves McQueen, Mater and the gang!
I was sure Jacob would choose the Buzz and Woody ornament, but he choose the Grinch and Max. One of his favorite Christmas books. (Note: He convinced me to buy the Buzz and Woody for the "family ornament" this year!)
Hours of Christmas tree fun for my boys!

1 comment:

silken said...

good good stuff! I buy the kids their own ornament every year w/ the intent to send them on wi/ them when they leave home....this year it was (another) volleyball ornament and a "class of 2011" !!!