For the past forever, I have been fairly much against electronics. I don't want the boys to be couch potatoes who have limited people skills. It annoys me when all kids know how to do it be mesmerized by a little screen. All that begin said, I really don't think electronics are evil... they just need to be monitored and limited. The teachers sent a few educational websites with math games. We let them play them almost everyday to practice their math facts. Jacob really loves Number Twins...
The iPad is Rylan's favorite electronic. We give him 15 minutes a day to play after his homework is done. He loves to play Sonic, Angry Bird Star Wars and Lego Star Wars Saga. He is really quite good at the games and Jason said he could be a "computer guy" someday!There are so many things that we cannot control with our kids, but this is one area we can control. We are just a books and board games kind of family... and we are just fine with that! :)

No comments:
Post a Comment