Friday, November 4, 2011

Day 3 - Pinson Mounds

The boys love all things Native American, so we HAD to go to these Woodland Tribe ceremonial mounds. It was COLD!!! Like 42 degrees cold - so for these coastal living folk, we were freezing! We spent about 30 minutes touring the museum and then we went walking. Since it was so cold, we only trekked up the largest mound - Saul's Mound. It is 72 feet tall. They have built a nice stairway so that you can get to the top safely and sit on benches on the observation deck. The boys RAN up the stairs... the adults, not so much!

This does not look as steep or tall as it felt. Let's just say that even through Jillian Michael's has been kicking my tail for 2 months, my calves hurt for 4 days after this expedition!





The boys gathered several leaves for their leaf collection. Next time, I need to press the leaves immediately. THey were crumbles by the time we got back to TX. But they still had fun! They loved running ahead of us slow pokes!
While we were on the Mound, Beth stayed inside and fed Elise. ISn't she beautiful?????
Granna and GPop gave the boys some souvenir money before we left town and they each got a "real" Indian thing at the Mounds. Rylan got this cool bracelet.
Jacob got a flute...made in India, so I guess it is a real Indian artifact!
After touring the Mounds, we met Scott at one of his fave dives for a delicious burger lunch.



We picked up Isaac from Pre-K and then the boys played NON-STOP! It got quiet for a minute and when I went to investigate, this is what I found...

It was a tiring, but great day!

2 comments:

Heather's House said...

Sweet! I like what the boys picked out for their special treat from Granna and GPop. Reid would have totally wanted the bracelet, like Rylan. ;) I am loving seeing all the pics from your trip!

Holly said...

Okay, I really want to visit TN now, love all the history y'all saw and the actual fall leaves and sweatshirt hoodies you can wear in Mid-Oct. What a concept.

J and R chose some nice souvenirs. But I kind of like their bat pens too. :)

Loe the pic of all three boys together!

Glad the grown-ups had lots of fun together too!