Thursday, September 8, 2011

Weekend with Grandpa and Grandma

A few weeks ago, Jason's folks came down to help Jason with a project. Before getting started we went to lunch at a local joint that was featured on Diners, Drive-ins and Dives. We love it...especially the chicken fried steak!

While Jason and Grandpa worked out in the garage, the girls and little boys played Candyland!
Then we got a costume show... Arrrr Mateys!
Bedtime stories with Grandma!
Most of Saturday, the men-folk worked on their project... refinishing hand-me-down bunk beds! It was hot, but they worked hard and the beds look great! Thanks Jim and Rae for passing them on to us!

Meanwhile, Grandma and I took the boys to see Winnie the Pooh. Rylan was completely against seeing it, but ended up really liking it! Jacob was thrilled to finally go, and he loved it too. Then we took the boys for TexMex. Delightful! :) Once we got home, the fort building began!
Thanks for helping Jason with the beds and for a good visit!

1 comment:

BriteCloud said...

OK, I want to know what restaurant was featured on Diners, Drive-Inns and Dives. I've been dreaming of going to one of the places on that show. Maybe next time I'm in town... Looks like there will be another post coming up about certain brothers who get new bunk beds!