Here's the scoop... I made a list of all the letters of the alphabet.
Then I gave the boys my point and shoot camera and a pen and we were off! Whenever they saw something interesting, they would take a photo of it and cross off the first letter of that item. The goal was to get all 26 letters of the alphabet. They took all the photos (and many extras!) and crossed off the letters. It was the best shopping trip to date! :)
Here is a sampling of our HEB alphabet... Z is for zucchini.
W is for Wright's Bacon. I had stopped to look for bacon for us. I was prodding them to pick B is for Bacon, but Jacob spotted the W and the rest is picture history!
H is for Haberno peppers.
One of Rylan's random photos...others included the steering wheel, his feet, Jacob's hair, random shoppers, random buggies, etc. They made me giggle!
J is for jello. Rylan insisted that I picked up the green jello for the photo.
E was tricky. As I was looking for green beans, I pushed the buggie beside the peas. Jacob was thrilled to find the E in early. Rylan took the photo! That's teamwork!
Q was another tricky one... luckily we saw these snacks as we were looking for pretzels.
Now we are going to print the photos and made an ABC book. I think we may do this again one day! :)
1 comment:
You are a genius! I am going to try this with the boys.
Post a Comment