Sunday, September 4, 2011

Rhyme Time on a Plate

Since I am a former teacher and current tutor, I have lots of "stuff" for early reading skills. One of my favorite websites is fcrr.com It is the Florida Reading Council site and has TONS of printable activities (by grade) for phonemic awareness and phonics. I've been printing and making lots of the activities this summer for my tutoring students who just finished Kindergarten. One day I decided to try the rhyming activities with the boys. They LOVE them! You don't have to print off the website, but the hard wrk of finding rhyming pics is already done for you. I printed the pics off the site and then glued one rhyme per plate. The boys had a stack of rhyming cards that they placed on the matching word family plate. It was fun, full of learning and free! That's a combo I like! :)

No comments: