Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Goal Update

It's a month into 2011 and I've recommitted to my goals. I decided that a whole year is a really long time, so each month I'm going to look at my goals and see how I'm doing. I read several GREAT articles in Think Magazine by Focus Press. It is a Christian publication and if you don't get it, you should!! Each month is a theme, with all the articles relating to the theme. Some recent themes: evolution, materialism, keeping our purity, time management, resolutions and more. So anyway, the article expressed that it is journey to a better eternal you, not just the temporary you. I'm not saying it as good as him, but the thought really hit home. It's not bad to want to lose that weight I gained back, but it's better to enrich my soul. So on that note, I want to apply some positive peer pressure to read a chapter of Proverbs each day. It does not take long time-wise and is so beneficial. I've tried to read the same chapter in the morning and at night. Some nuggets speak to me more than others, but each chapter has several truths to chew on all day long! It has made a difference in the eternal me and I hope you will join me to improve the eternal you! :)

2 comments:

Deborah said...

I was encouraged to do the "one-a-day Proverbs" once before, and I so appreciate being reminded of it again. So impressed at the way you recommit to your goals each month.

By the way, I am using your "penguin number recognition" activity with my preschoolers tomorrow (as long as we don't miss another day of school), except I am using ocean animals since we are doing the letter "O". They are going to LOVE it!

Also, totally stealing your heart/color sorting activity!! Thanks for sharing your creativity!!

Heather's House said...

I'm gonna do it, I'm gonna do it! I am! I love positive peer pressure...