First we laid out all the cards - almost 2 full sets of the alphabet. I like this set a lot because it has capital and lowercase on one side and a picture of a train that starts with that letter on the other side. I would call out a letter and they would find it.
Rylan really liked to tip-toe through the lines of cards! hahaha
After we had gotten all the cards off the floor, we played another game. Each boy gave me 6 cards and we made matches. We took turns putting one card in the middle and then whoever had the matching card would lay it next to it.
This was a BLAST! Totally the best time I've ever had with flashcards! Doing this took about 30 minutes and they asked to do it again! I guess we'll be doing more with flashcards in the future!
After we had gotten all the cards off the floor, we played another game. Each boy gave me 6 cards and we made matches. We took turns putting one card in the middle and then whoever had the matching card would lay it next to it.
2 comments:
That is a great learning activity. When Nathan was in Kindergarten and had sight words to learn I would make up silly, nonsensical sentences for him to read. He loved it!
we were kind of doing that with Mackenzie last night only it was with those foam puzzle pieces with letters on each one. we would ask if she new where a certain letter was or we would point to a letter and have her tell us what it was. of course with her attention span we only did about 6 letters - but it's a start! ;)
Post a Comment