Thursday, February 17, 2011

Pink Velvet Cake

Jason has fallen in love with red velvet cake this past year! One day he was looking through my Pioneer Woman cookbook and requested her red velvet cake. So I decided to make one for Valentine's Day. I baked it that morning and we took it to Granny and Shake Shake's for dessert. The boys were OVER THE TOP excited! Not only was it PW, but it was cake!But when I cut into it, lo and behold, it was pink! I guess I did not use enough food coloring! Oh well, it still tasted good and it sure is all eaten by now. The icing was divine!!! Thank you PW and next time, it will be red, not pink! hahahaha

1 comment:

silken said...

may have to get that recipe from you; my oldest nephew asked me if I knew how to make "red chocolate". I think he meant red velvet cake