Sunday, February 13, 2011

Pre-School Valentine's Party

The boys had their Valentine party last week. I got there a few minutes early and got to watch them during circle time. It made my heart so full!The party was very simple, but very fun! The boys had their very first Happy Meal. Jason and I do not care for Mickey D's, so we have never taken the boys there. In fact, I may have even said that it was "yucky and nasty" upon a few occasions. Rylan made sure to tell the teachers that Chick-fil-a was much better than McD's! hahaha

Anyway, after lunch (Rylan gave the nuggets 2 thumbs down and Jacob gave the burger 2 thumbs down...who puts onions on a kids burger???) the kids passed out Valentine cards. I was really proud of the boys for addressing their own cards. Especially with Rylan's fine motor delay, this was a task, but they did it great. Here is Jacob giving a Dr. Seuss card to Rylan. Rylan passed out his Cars cards earlier in the morning.
Then the kids got to look through all the cards. Super fun!
And the teachers had a dessert surprise...decorate your own cupcake! You should have heard the squeals of 21 pre-schoolers! Rylan was fast and almost had it eaten before I could take another photo! That boy loves his sweets!

Jacob was a little more meticulous.
Jacob's finished product...
Some brotherly love before leaving! It was kind of nice have a simple affair. The kids had a blast and that's all that matters!

2 comments:

Heather's House said...

That is so cute! I love their cupcakes! I used to do that with MDO kids and it was fun but a bear to clean up. haha!

Happy Valentines Day!

Holly said...

Their party looks like it was a LOT of fun! Decorating cupcakes is the best--and they did a good job. :)

At least they won't always be begging for Happy Meals now--HA!