Saturday night after the workshop we went to one of our favorite Austin restaurants...
where we all shared 2 pizzas and zupcotto...It was divine!!! The boys wanted to swim, so Jason got in the pool with them. Rylan is fearless and such a fish!!! Jacob was afraid that Jason would not be able to get to him if he had a problem, so he stayed on the stairs a lot.
This was my view... tired feet up and sitting down!!
The next morning we got up early and drove to Fredricksburg. After attending worship services, we went for lunch at another favorite place...
Rylan got their AWESOME Quiche Lorraine, Jacob got sliders with the best and juiciest canteloupe of his whole entire life, Jason got an angus burger, I got a ham and cheese crossiant panini and Dad got quiche too. It was a delightful treat!
After lunch we went to the WW2 Pacific Front Museum. It was INCREDIBLE! Totally worth the time and money! Dad is a supporter, so we all got to go in for free. We spent 3 hours and they had to kick us out! It is definitely a 2 day affair, since they have 3 campuses to tour.
We did not listen to every stop on the free audio tour, but the ones we took the time to listen to were wonderful.
The museum begins with a stirring scene of Pearl Harbor. It brought chills to my arms and tears to my eyes. This is one of the most interactive museums we've ever been to.
Jacob by the submarine.
There were several models throughout the museum. This is of the USS Oklahoma. The boys LOVED the models!!!
The quanity of memorablia was overwhelming.
A real plane from the Doolittle Raid. Rylan's favorite part of the whole museum!
And his other fave part... the real tank!
They had video and oral histories of precious veterans all throughout the museum.
They also had interactive computer screens where you could look at dozens of photos and clips from each battle.
This was the China-India-Burma area... the place where Popa was. It was neat to see a jacket like Popa's in a museum!
These huge TV screens were throughout the museum. There were over a dozen total! They continually showed 6-8 minutes movies of each battle with veterans and historians talking. They really added a lot to the learning experience.
I love this man!
Inside a sub! This was a HUGE hit with our two boys!
After visiting the museum and buying far too much in the gift shop, we drove over the Kerrville to see Grandad and Grandmama's graves. It was bittersweet... I wish so badly that they could have been here to know my boys. I know that Grandmama would have gotten such a kick out of another set of twins. I would LOVE to have her wisdom on raising twins. Then we ate Tex-Mex and headed back to our hotel for a good night's rest!











1 comment:
Love all the pics. I also love the pics from the teachers workshop. I'm so proud of you! Hopefully I can go next year. :)
Post a Comment