Back in January, I got a call from the Central Texas Bible Teacher's Workshop commitee asking if I would be a speaker at this summer's workshop. I was so shocked and honored! I said yes and then the fun began! Over then next few months, I saved stuff from class and dreamed up some new ideas too. The two weeks leading up to the workshop were slightly crazy - trying to type hand-outs, making sure I had samples for everything, "preaching" to mom and Jason to check my time... it was crazy, but fun!!
So the big day finally arrived! On Friday, I was a regular learner and went to three great classes. Jason came back after the classes and helped me set up my room for the next morning. Here it is!
My first hour was "Powerful Presentations." It was all about using interactive charts in Bible class. It was very well received by about 35 people and fun to present!Here's the sign with my name! I felt slightly famous!!! hahaha
Had to click a self-portrait with my sweetie! My second two hours were called "Practical Products." It was about crafts that can be used with practically any lesson in the Bible. The first hour had about 42 people and the last hour had about 60 people. It was very encouraging to present and to be able to share. One highlight for me was that Nelda came to support me! I forgot to take a photo, but it was very very special to me to have her in the audience with an encouraging smile and sweet hugs too!
Friday night after setting up, we went to Cheesecake Factory for dinner... it was Dad's first time!
Godiva, Dutch Apple Studel and Red Velvet... YUM!
I'm already looking forward to next summer's workshop!
No comments:
Post a Comment