Monday, August 13, 2012

The BEST Ice Cream in the Country!

We have been promising the boys to go to Gonzales, TX for months.  It is kind of near Austin, so we decided to go on the way home from the workshop.  I looked at that website a zillion times and never noticed a critical piece of information... So Sunday night as Jason and I were planning on trip home, I saw it.  The Gonzales Museum is not open on Mondays!!!  So at 11PM we are trying to figure out something else neat for the kids on the trip home because they were going to be SAD about Gonzales.  And Jason remembered Blue Bell is on the way home... so that's what we did... we toured Blue Bell!
 You can't take photos inside the Factory, but it was SO neat!  We got to see Homemade Vanilla, Cookies-n-Cream, Southern Blackberry Cobbler and Orange Creamsicle ice cream flavors being made.  We also saw Rainbow Pops and ice cream sandwiches.  If a sandwich wrapper goes on crooked, they unwrap it and throw the sandwich into a vat.  That vat of ice cream sandwiches is given to Chappell Hill sausage company for their pigs to eat... no wonder their sausage is SO good! hahaha

At the end of the tour, we all got a "free" scoop of ice cream.  Of course, Rylan picked Lime Sherbert.
 Jacob got Cookie Dough and loved it!
 Dad and I both got Southern Blackberry Cobbler.  It was fabulous!!! He bought a tub when we got home!
 Jason got Cookies-n-Cream... the #2 seller!
 Look at all those flavors!
 Rylan HAD to milk the cow...

Even though there were MANY tears about missing Gonzales, Blue Bell made up for the disappointment.  Now to pick our Gonzales date... NOT a Monday!

1 comment:

Charlton said...

I'm planning to take the girls this fall. I don't know when, but I'm determined that we are going! ;)