I love these lamps! After Ike hit our house, we got these new lamps. Don't you love my hair clips??? Haha I always put my hair up the minute the boys are in bed and don't take it down until I get in bed. There is usually a water bottle on here too - gotta have drinks in the night!
The year I've taken on some old and new reading goals...
The year I've taken on some old and new reading goals... 1. Read a chapter of Proverbs each day - I've been doing this right after I make up the bed each morning.
2. Read a daily devotional each day - At the Luncheon the Flamingo's went to in November, I bought LeighAnn McCoy's book of devos from Christmas to Easter. They ROCK! I read this each morning after making the bed too.
3. Read the Bible in a year. Holly gave me a schedule that has a bit of OT and a bit of NT each day. I read it at bedtime.
4. Read some "pleasure reading." I love to read - always have - but got off track in 2011 and only read one book! So now I'm reading "The Inheritance" by Tamera Alexander. IT ROCKS! This is my first book by her and I am anxious to get more! She is also a HU alum!
5. The purple folder... goes with Old Thousand Gifts by Ann Voscamp. I've not really mentioned Ann or her blog (www.aholyexperience.com) but I LOVE it!!! Holly gave me her book for my BD and I've been reading her blog. On her blog she encourages everyone to count their blessing. She created some calendar printables, so I printed them and put them in the purple folder. Every night, I've bee recording some blessings.
6. The 10-year Journal - it's the black bigger journal. Holly got me started on this last year. If you google it there are lots of tips and ideas. I got mine for under $10 at Walmart and it is just a regular journal. I was pretty faithful last year and hope to write a snippet of each day this year. It is really neat to look back,even after just one year, and see what we were up to on that date in the past. My journal will take me until the boys are 14... lots of great memories will be in that book!
This is one of my all-time favorite photos of Jason and me. We did not even know that his mom was taking it. It was after the first game of our senior year. We were recently engaged and so in love! The purple bag in my hand was my camera bag then...it rarely left my hand! Love the bow in my hair! Karie and I had left a choir camp-out to drive to somewhere about 3 hours away (Missouri???) to see our fiance's play football. It was a great memory and this photo makes me smile at our early days! I've also got my memory verse card holder by the frame. I"m trying to be better at memorizing God's Word in 2012.
And the last 3 things... my Vera glasses case, HU coaster for the water bottle and another football game photo. That photo was taken at Jason's last football game for HU... bittersweet!
So what does that say about me??? I like to read and walk down memory lane and God's Word is super important to me!
And the last 3 things... my Vera glasses case, HU coaster for the water bottle and another football game photo. That photo was taken at Jason's last football game for HU... bittersweet!
1 comment:
I bought my journal tonight! I had planned to the same thing with index cards, but I think the journal is much better!
Post a Comment