Saturday, October 15, 2011

Salado or Bust!

The Flamingos took our annual fall trip to the quiet little town of Salado, Texas. We left on Friday and had a very adventurous day... BBQ lunch in Smithville, driving past the wildfire remains, a few shops in Salado, then dinner at The Pizza Place. It took us about 15 minutes to decide what kind of pizza to get. The sign seemed to say "3 gallons of tea" with the family meal, to which Lacie and I responded - NO PROBLEM! We can drink that much tea! The sign actually was a backwards "and" sign. So we sat and ate pizza and drank tea for about 2 hours. In tiny towns, things close at 5, so what were we going to do from 8 until bed??? We went and saw The Help... which was AWESOME! There was an hour between the showtime and the time we bought tickets, we did what all girls would do - we went to Target! After shedding MANY tears and laughs during the movie, it was back to the hotel for bed.

Saturday morning we slept until 9!!! What a treat not to have little people touching us and waking up at dark thirty! :) Then we hit the streets of Salado for more shops and chatting. No one bought much, but we had fun looking and talking.

We stumbled upon the MOST DIVINE tea room - The Ambrosia Tea Room. I could live there!
The avacado chicken salad with Chicken Bravo soup...and we shared 2 Pumpkin Crunch cakes for dessert!
HEre's the former school teachers by the old school building...
Gotta love the toes!
Robyn's precious mom gave her this ring before we left town. Robyn, Heather, Lacie and I all saw a flamingo. But sweet Holly brought it to our attention that is really is a swan! So I guess we are the Swanmingos now! hahahha
The group! We all bought fudge and chocolate covered marshmallow pops for our kids at this fudge shop. However, we then had to carry the bags of fudge in our purses the rest of the weekend to prevent melting... I love these friends!!!
As with all our trips, Tex-Mex was a must! So Saturday night we had our Tex-Mex fill. We stayed for about 2 hours, chatting and laughing.
And then it was off to Target again - this time for lip stain and nail polish! Girls will be girls!
Then we went to the hotel and settled in for a crafty night. I had seen on my new fave blog about this project to make a changeable memory verse card frame. So we made them!

Sunday we got up early and ate Mooyah before hitting the road home.

This was such a refreshing weekend. Nothing big, just friends chatting, praying and laughing. The Lord has blessed me immeasurably with these girls!

1 comment:

Heather's House said...

It was such a wonderful and MUCH needed weekend! I had a blast with y'all. I still have a big smile on my face!

Love ya!