Thursday, September 20, 2007

I've Been Tagged!

Lacie tagged me for a fun trip down memory lane. Happy remembering with me!

1. What were you doing 10 years ago? September 1997
It was our junior year at Harding and I was working on my BA in Elem. Ed. I was also Vice-President of my social club and fall meant pledge week! The other VP and I were working vigorously on pledge books, BIG purple hair bows, and other fun Pledge Week fun. (Sorry no pic... maybe once I figure out how to do it better!) Did I mention that my dorm room had expolded purple!?!!

2. What were you doing 5 years ago? September 2002
It was my 4th year of teaching first grade. That was a challenging group because I had my first two autistic kids. They were really special kids who I loved bunches. Jason and I were on the hunt for buying our first house.

3. What were you doing 1 year ago? September 2006
That's easy to remember! The boys were still in the NICU. So a typical Sept. 2006 day for me was... Be at the hospital at 8 to nurse one baby. Go run an errand or two. Be back at the hospital by noon to nurse the other baby. Go home and get the nursery done, write thank you notes, take a nap. Eat dinner about 6. Be at the hospital at 8 when they re-opened the NICU for my first visit to the babies with Jason for the day. Hold, snuggle, cry, pray with the babies. Leave the hospital about 11 and crash until morning again.

4. What did you do yesterday?
A busy day! I got up at 6, read the Ladies Class book chapter, fed the boys breakfast by myself and got us all out the door by 9:45 for Ladies Class. Class was really great! We are doing the book "The Case for Christ." Then a few girls and all the kids went to Chick-fil-a for lunch. We were quite a sight! Hope we did not scare anyone away! A friend from church came over in the afternoon to help me with the boys since Jason was out of town and we made it to church on time! Got the boys to bed at 9:15 - which is great for a church night! Then crashed!

I am quite the night owl, but getting up that early was really nice and got the day off to a great start. Did I mention that the boys are trying to wean themselves off of their morning nap? That's another post in it's self!!!

5. Snacks I enjoy
Anything sweet - chocolate chip cookies, chocolate kisses, brownies, M&M's!!! Sunday (the first day of fall) I will make "Lacie's Famous Fall Mix" and that will be my favorite for fall! Thanks for sharing Lacie!

6. Things I would do with $100 million dollars
I would pay off all our debt, set up college funds for R and J, give a bunch to HU and our church, buy mom and dad a newer house and have a fun shopping spree at Hobby Lobby on scrapbooking stuff! I hope that I would be practical and sensible and not blow it all! And Jason and I would take a big trip every year starting with Vermont in the fall!

7. Locations I would run to
Vermont in the fall, Savannah in the spring, Alaskan cruise, Disney World with the family, all 50 state capital buildings, oh the list goes on and on!!!

8. Bad habit I have
This is hard to admit! I cannot say no and over-commit to things at times. And I bite my nails. Yes, 30 and still a nail biter!

9. Things I like doing
scrapbooking, stamping cards, playing with Rylan and Jacob, relaxing with Jason, putting on an apron and cooking something new, being with the girls, hunting new flamingo treasures, and now blogging!

10. Biggest joy of the moment
A Christian husband and marriage

I'm tagging some HU club sisters... Janell and Melissa! Let's hear it for the cutie pies!!!

2 comments:

maria said...

My how time flies!! Don't you miss being at Harding?! sniff, sniff. Oh well, if we didn't leave there, we wouldn't have our sweet husbands and kids here, right? Oh, and don't worry, Kim--I'm 32 (going on 33) and still a nailbiter! hee hee! It must be a cutie-pie thing!!:)

Jody said...

I am going to get on this tag girlie! Give a few more days!
I miss you heaps. Sorry about Jason's grandmother! That's hard. I want to see more pics of the boys.
Love ya lots,
Janell