It is official... my grandparents are moving to town! Actually, they are moving to our street! We are all very excited, but a lot of work is ahead of us.
They have been married 63 years. Isn't that a wonderful accomplishment? But 63 years of marriage means 63 years of treasures. Today my sweet parents went over to help them box up more treasures. We've got until the end of the month and I know we will all be worn out by October 1.
But all is all, it will be a good thing. It is getting harder for Popa to drive, so now we can help out with that a little easier. Granny is a fabulous cook... no really, she rocks! I am looking forward to more cooking lessons from her. Rylan and Jacob are the luckiest ones of the bunch. Great-grandparents on their street... what a blessing!
And what a blessing to be around a couple who has been married for 63 years. I'm looking forward to hearing more stories and advice and hopefully recording them for the future. In this day and age, long marriages are a rare jewel. Have you been touched by a long, faithful marriage?
7 years ago
7 comments:
I think it will be great to have your grandparents so close by. I really treasure the 5 years that my Grandfather lived in Alvin before his passing. We had never even lived in the same state before then.
I'm glad to hear things are moving along (so to speak!).
And 63 years is an amazing accomplishment. I just hope to live that long!
Rhonda
How wonderful! WOW, you do have a lot of work to do! Speaking from experience...You ALL will be worn out by the move! Ha!
I'm glad it is working out! Answered prayers!
Exciting stuff... I 'm so glad they're finally coming! Let us know what we can do to help.
good news! let us know if you need us to do something...
I love their house!! I know yall will be ready for it to all happen!! Hang in there...we are here for you.
Even though I'm sure it seems overwhelming, it will be so wonderful for the whole family!
I hope the next few weeks go as smoothly as possible (for everyone). :)
I am so excited for you and your family to have your grandparents close by. Just having that closer proximity will make frequent visits much easier. Take it from me, who has a family that lives far away...it is a blessing!
Post a Comment