I must tell Jason this a million times! He is a big guy, a former defensive lineman... and bless his heart, he does not know his own strength. He can snap something in half that I spent an hour trying to bend. He can pick up practically anything with ease. Most of the time, his physical strength has been a blessing and we are all thankful for it, but sometimes he does not know his own strength!
Now onto today's big news... you know how they always say you pass on your least desired traits to your children? Well, Jacob does not know his own strength!!! We have a gate in our den to block off the dining room. It is the kind that you can arrange 8 panels to form just about any shape. Today, Jacob discovered his strength. He can push really, really hard and knock over the gate! Then crawl over it and be lose in the whole house.
Now, don't think that Rylan is not benefiting from Jacob's new found strength. He was about half a crawl behind Jacob during the "Great Escape One" and two and three. Yes, three times today the gate came tumbling down. I think we have re-configured it to be Jacob-proof. We'll see tomorrow.
And as for Jacob inheriting Jason's strength trait, I hope that Jacob will use it wisely like Jason to help others and be successful in whatever sport he choses.
What traits have your darlings inherited from you?
7 years ago
3 comments:
I love to hear stories about those sweet boys!
Nathan: My love of reading and writing.
Beck: Loves to do anything crafty
Chloe: Sweet and quiet (can I say that about myself??) lol
That cracks me up! He is tired of that fence and wants to be free. ha ha
I love those boys!
Sweet Jacob--isn't it funny that he has Jason's strength and looks so much like him too! That's so funny that Rylan is making his escape too--better watch out, those two are already working as a team!:) Hmmm, as far as my kids--I think Ashlyn has inherited my penchant for walking around talking to myself (kinda sad, huh?) and Layton has definitely inherited my clumsiness. My poor, sweet, chidren! LOL!
Post a Comment