Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Opening Day

Today is a red-letter day at our house... opening day for Fantasy Football! Jason has been a member of a league with a bunch of guys from church for about 4 years. The live draft was 2 weeks ago and he had to attend via cell phone from Roswell, NM. His #1 draft pick was Peyton Manning.

"The Return of Zim and Zam" - his team- won the championship last year. How did he get this name you may ask. While I was pregnant with the boys, my dad called them Zim and Zam, so in honor of their early birth 4 days before last years draft, Jason named his team "Zim and Zam." He's hoping "The Return" will be as successful as last year!

Fantasy Football is very serious in these parts! Now remember that all the team members are faithful Christian men but they love to smack talk each other. Occasionally Jason will share with me some of their smack talk and it always cracks me up! There is absolutely no bad language, just a lot of ribbing and joking.

So how will win the coveted trophy? We are cheering for Peyton, Reggie Wayne, Willis MaGhee, and the rest of Zim and Zam to keep the bragging rights here for another year.

Are your husbands involved with Fantasy Football?

3 comments:

Holly said...

Scott has his teams ready. He's doing a league at work too. I don't know how he can manage both, but he does, bleary eyes and all.

I'm not much support because I know zip about football. I've always wanted him to do fantasy baseball, but he's never been interested.

Lacie said...

You better believe it! Trey is in two leagues in League City Area no less!

Boys will be Boys!

silken said...

well, not my husband, but my son. I don't really know anything about it, but some teens around here have been doing it a few years too. so they got him in on it this year...