Friday, February 17, 2012

Valentine's Activities

We had fun getting ready for Valentine's Day. We decorated about January 3. This family likes holidays!!! One morning we had lots of fun learning with conversation hearts. First we sorted by color. Then we made some patterns. Then we made a graph. The boys are loving graphs! They are doing really good with all the less/more/greater/less questions. Makes my teacher heart happy!

Then we did some heart hide and seek! I numbered 20 hearts 1-20 and hid them around the den. Then they came barreling in to search for them. We did this every day for 2 weeks!


After they found a handful of hearts, they had to match them on the number line. SO. much. fun.

Another day we had some number recognition fun. I made a dice with the numbers 13 - 19. Then I drew a heart and divided it into sections. Inside each section I wrote a number 13-19. The kids rolled the dice and then colored the corresponding number section the corresponding color. It was good to see them recognizing the numbers and also color words!
Rylan thought this game was AWESOME!
Love how Jacob still sticks his tongue out when he is concentrating!

More Valentine fun to come!

1 comment:

Charlton said...

so many great ideas! we did a graph too, but I didn't even think to glue the hearts on - maybe next year. ;)