Friday, February 3, 2012

This and That

One day at school they were playing Musical Chairs. Jacob is Mr. Competitive. He will turn anything into a contest and he MUST win. So back to Musical Chairs.... it got down to 4 kids. 2 girls, Rylan and Jacob. Rylan got the boot, but Jacob had a tender moment and gave him his chair and he sat down. For my competitive son, this was a huge act of love!
***
Another day, Rylan comes up to me and says, "I'm going to marry Lauren." I said, "Oh that is wonderful! She is a sweet Christian girl. Why did you decide that today?" Rylan replied, "So I can be Blaine's brother in law." Can't argue with that logic! hahaha
***
Jacob has really started singing songs! One day he busted out with "Days of Elijah." We sing it some at church, but it's not on any of the CDs that we listen to. He said it was his new favorite song!
***
They conned me into wearing Jacob's helmet! Jacob loves Softest Bear! He latched onto Softest almost a year ago. We were cleaning out my craft closet and I found him. Jacob asked if he could have it and the rest is history! I had bought it for a reading game when I was teaching and I never made the game. Jacob thanks me about once a week for not making Softest into a game! Jacob named him Softest because he is the softest bear he's ever touched. Softest is quite interactive - he helps race cars, play basketball and football, trade trading cards, read book and of course, protect Jacob at night. He' s a good bear!
Rylan is obsessed with his Star Wars sheets. He has never seen the movies, but he knows a lot about them. Annelise had a Star Wars party 3 years ago and that planted the seed! Jason has begun drawing him Yoda on notes and those are HUGE hits! We said they had to be 6 to watch Star Wars, so I guess you know what we will be doing this August 22!
Here's Softest as the ball! One day, they determined which pet animals would fit in the goal... Good times for these two boys!
Davy Crockett! How many times have we watched this film??? Maybe a milllion! This time they got their rifles and were Texan soldiers fighting off the Mexicans while it was happening on the screen. We love our Texas history!

No comments: