Thursday, February 2, 2012

Room Transformation

It is finally here..the big boy room! Yes, I know they are 5 1/2, but it is still a little sad for this momma! Their room has changed a lot over the last five years and gotten MUCH for full of treasures, but it was time. They both claimed the beds were are hard as the floor and they were right! ahhah So over the last few months, we have been working on the room. Jason sanded and painted the hand-me-down bunk beds and dresser (thank you Rae and Jim!!!). Then we had to save money to get new bedding...thank you Target! Then momma had to take a deep breath and realize that her babies are not babies any more and clean that room out! Here are the last photos of the baby room...



After taking out all the toys and beds, Jason got busy building the bunks!
Here's the dresser!!! We love the extra drawer space!!!
And their room seems bigger now! It is tiny (10x10) but now at least you can play in the floor. I also cleaned out the closets. Let's just say the extra room is FULL of a HUGE garage sale pile!
And here are my sleeping beauties!!! Rylan is on top and he LOVES it! He picked Star Wars sheets for his bed.
Since these photos, we've added some pennants - Mavs, Cowboys, Rangers, Mavs, Mavs. And the autographs and jersey (more coming!)
And sleeping Jacob - he picked Cars 2 sheets for his bed.
It's been 2 weeks now and so far so GREAT! THey are basically staying in their own beds now and they are playing in their room more often. Even though I'm sad the baby stage is WAY over, I love this stage too!

1 comment:

Charlton said...

I love all of the books!!!