Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Prayer Bouquet

I don't remember where I first saw an idea similar to this, probably pinterest, but I tweeked it a little to fit my craft supplies! Jason and I have been trying to get the boys to pray from their hearts and not their same rote prayer "Dear God, Thank you for lions, cheetahs and jaguars. Thank you for Lambert, Pico and CuCu. Thank you for our food and drinks. In Jesus name, Amen."

What I did was make several flowers. Then the boys told me important people in their lives that need prayers. Each morning they each pick a flower and say a prayer just for that person.
So far, it has been going great! It has gotten them to think of at least one thing they like about that person and at least one thing to ask God for on behalf of that person. I think this Bouquet will be staying around for quite a while!

2 comments:

Charlton said...

We do the same thing with our pictures on popsicle sticks and now we do it for the people whose names start with the letter we are studying for the week. I love the flowers though, that's really cute!

Deborah said...

What a fabulous idea!!

(How many times have I typed that sentence when leaving a comment on your blog!?)