Thursday, February 11, 2010

A little History...

It is no wonder that I LOVE this show!!! The music is so fun and well sang (is that even a word???) Holly had ooshed and gooshed for weeks and Jason and I took the plunge over Thanksgiving. My in-laws love it too and they had several on their DVR. Everyone said they just KNEW I would LOVE the show. And they were right! And people who have known me for a long time, know that I was Glee!!! Back in the 90's I was in our high school show choir! I loved the singing. I loved the dancing! I loved the friends, being on stage and entertaining people. It was a place that made many of my fondest high school memories. I loved my director and the songs she chose. We sang a fun Chicago medley, "Fire in the Furnace" (which is the story of Daniel 3), "Java Jive," "All That Jazz" and more. Here is my wonderful partner, Josh. We had SO MUCH fun together!!!
Now some of you will mock the gold sequins, but I LOVED them! It was a symbol of choral greatness at my high school. I still have my sequins! Yes, I do! Safely tucked away in the high school memory box. For some *strange* reason my senior year was the last year for the sequins. Such a shame! Below is us at the end of some song at Pop Show. I think it was "All That Jazz", but I can't remember. I'm on the far right.
Glee is much more pop than we were and has more stylish outfits, but Chamber Choir will always have a soft spot in my heart - sequins and all! :)

4 comments:

Charlton said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Charlton said...

i deleted my previous comment because of a typo. I'll say it again with hopefully the correct spelling.
I remember see you perform at my school your senior year. I didn't know you then, but I knew you knew Kara and since I went to church with Kara, I KNEW you! ;)
I always wished I had been in choir. Don't get me wrong, I loved being a band nerd, but I think I would have enjoyed choir much more! :)

Deborah said...

I am SO JEALOUS you got to do that in high school! We didn't have anything of the sort at my school, so when I got to be in Chorus, Good News, and Spring Sing at Harding, I thought I had finally ARRIVED!

BTW--Pat and I love Glee!

Heather's House said...

Oh wow!! You have been busy blogging! haha!! I loved reading them and I really loved your choir get-up. haha! So presh!