Cut-Out Cookies
This recipe came from the first cookbook that Martha, Jason’s mom, had as a girl. The cookbook was published by Imperial Sugar. Jason, Justin and Martha made these cookies every Christmas while they were growing up. We started the tradition when Rylan and Jacob were born. Happy baking!
2 ½ C flour
1/8 tsp. salt
½ tsp. cream of tartar
½ tsp. baking soda
½ tsp. nutmeg
¼ tsp. cinnamon
½ C shortening
1 C white sugar
1 egg
1/3 C milk
1 tsp. vanilla
Sift flour, salt, cream of tartar, soda, nutmeg and cinnamon in a medium mixing bowl. In a large mixing bowl, cream shortening and sugar. Add one egg to sugar mixture. Then add milk and vanilla to the sugar mixture. Slowly add flour mixture to sugar mixture. CHILL FOR 2 HOURS.
Preheat oven to 375. Roll dough to about ¼ inch thick then cut out with favorite shapes. Add colored sugar, etc. Bake for about 10 minutes.
1 comment:
Sweet! I don't think I've ever had red hots on a cookie.
But, why do I see your attachments still in your mixer? WHY didn't you use your mixer?!?!?!
Post a Comment