First, here is Jacob gluing on his big lacy heart.
So here was the learning part...oh, another side note to all parents for small children. When you teach your child to write his/her name use ONLY ONE CAPITAL LETTER!!! The teacher in me gets up on my huge box of Tide could go on for hours, but I will simply say this in this forum, teach them correctly, so their teacher does not have to un-do it and teach re-teach the most important word in their little worlds - their name! :)
Back to my boys... I know they say the letters and recognize the letters of both their names, but I wanted to see if they could sequence them using lower case too. So on a big foam heart I wrote the capital letter and on smaller hearts I wrote one lower case letter per heart. We "mixed and fixed" their names several times before sticking the hearts down. They did pretty good - not mastered, but still fun for them.
2 comments:
My Caleb would love to live at your house! He is such a crafter and would sit and do things like that for hours.
Your activities with your boys are so fun, and they have no clue that they are learning so much.
looks like everyone had fun. I can't wait for Mackenzie to be at an age where I can do crafts like that!
Post a Comment