Thursday, February 18, 2010

Valen-gifts

My sweet husband was sneaky this Val Day. He took each of the boys to go pick me out a gift from TarJay. He said he was taking them individually for father-son time and I was clueless. He pulled off a sweet surprise for me. It made me laugh.hard. to see what the boys picked out of the whole entire TarJay store for their momma.

Here is my sweet Rylan... He chose pink (my fave color) and brown (his fave color) chocolates (our fave treat to split) and an exercise band. Not quite sure about the rationale behind the exercise band, but he was thrilled for use it too. I guess maybe my sweetie will encourage me to "move more" as WW says!
And that silly Jacob...he picked pink (my fave color) and frog (one of his fave animals) houseshoes MaryJane style (my fave). He said that I have all the holiday house shoes, but not "Bal-entine" (as he says) and 2 pink pens. The pens are to help me make more lists. Do these kids know their momma or what??? (I love Rylan in the background!!!)
However, the BEST gift was the one from Jason... not only did he get Glee #2 CD, but together, we gave ourselves this...
that's right, we listened to Dave R and CUT UP ALL the credit cards! Good-bye debt!!! We are committed to becoming Debt Free and step one is having fun with the scissors and cutting these pieces of plastic to shreds. It felt great!!!

1 comment:

Deborah said...

Good for you on going debt-free! That is quite a gift for yourselves.

And, if you've seen our Christmas posts, you know how much we love getting gifts picked out by our kids. I think it's so funny to see "what Mommy likes" through their eyes!