Friday, October 16, 2009

More kitchen fun!

Today we spent more time in the kitchen! There's just something about fall that makes me want to bake! :)

Today we made Jason's favorite fall treat - Haystacks! The first time I made these was in the dorm with Katie. We were experimenting so that we could make them for our class we were student teaching in. It was fun to pass this treat on to Rylan and Jacob, and Jason was THRILLED!!! :)

First you melt one bag of butterscotch chips in the microwave. Then you add a canister of chow mein noodles. Stir until completely coated. Then drop globs on wax paper and let them set for a while. Enjoy!

Here is one of the 4 sticky hands in my kitchen today!

Look at that mess!
Ta da!
And the best part...licking the bowl...and your hands...and your arms... :)

3 comments:

Karie said...

One of our fall family favorites!!! Yummy!!!

Lacie said...

I grew up eating haystacks...

Also, at K-Man's "Eat What the Zoo Animal's Eat" B-day Party and Little Bit's recent Horse B-day party we had haystacks as part of the themes.

a classic recipe to be enjoyed by all!

Holly said...

Yummy! I can't believe I've NEVER made haystacks. Can R & J teach me? :)