Wednesday, October 14, 2009

J is for...

Now that the boys are three, I have been inspired to start some official academics with them. We've been doing "sneaky learning" - you know, where you are teaching them and they don't even realize it - for three years, but I decided it was time to pull out my teacher hat and start some learning fun. We call it project time!

To start we began with the letter J ( R to be posted soon!). We read 5 Little Pumpkins. Then we used my jack-o-lantern punch to punch out about 15 black and 15 orange jack-o-lanterns. Then I put one black jack in a bowl and one orange jack in a bowl. The boys worked together to sort the big pile into the bowls.
Then I cut out a big letter J. Here is Rylan as he glued the big J on the paper and then glued on several jacks.
Jacob is hard at work!
And the finished product! I'm so proud of my boys!
My goal is to do one project a day...so more photos will be coming! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good for you Kim! You are one of the greatest teachers and parents I know. I think I've said this before, but you have a couple of lucky little boys! :)

Deborah said...

Wow! How cool is that? Are you planning to homeschool? You seem to really have the patience and the knack for it.

I can teach anyone else's kids all day long, but teaching my own would take an act of God.