7 years ago
Thursday, October 8, 2009
Letters
One of my friends was talking about the last art of letter writing. And it got me thinking... I love to stamp cards, but how often do it do it? I think of someone, but how often do I sit down and take 3 minutes to jot out a note to them. I fall into the trap of being busy and not encouraging others, but everyone is busy. And I should make it a priority to encourage others. In the world of computers and internet, it is so quick to send an email, but isn't it better to pick up the phone and call? And how happy do you get when you open your mailbox and there is a letter with a real stamp on it? It still makes me smile to get "real" mail and not just bills! I want my friends and loved ones to know that they are important enough to me that I stopped and spent 3 minutes using a pen to tell them hello. So I am challenging myself to write notes and call someone when I am thinking about them. I want to stop relying on email and (impersonal) facebook to stay connected. Where these are both good tools, I do not want the art of letter writing to die. Will you join me?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I will...the joy that comes from thinking of somone and letting them know and the joy of being the recipient of someone else's thoughtfulness is truly PRICELESS!
i sent out 4 cards this morning - 3 sympathy and 1 pregnancy congrats! I will try and send random "thinking about you" cards.
If I'm correct, the comment from "Momma" is actually my 'momma' and I think she's really good at sending cards to people and showing that she cares! If I'm wrong, and it's your 'momma' the same still holds true! ;)
What a good goal - to let others know personally that you're thinking of them. I love it!
Thank you for the encouragement. I bought a card for someone today and sent it out!
Hoping to do more of that...
If I picked up the phone everytime I thought of the wonderful people in my life...I would be on the phone ALL DAY!!! I am blessed!
I agree on the letter writing. my adorable husband and I wrote letters back and forth when he was at A & M that first year...They are so special to me!
Post a Comment