Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Surprise!!!

Way back in 2000-ish we decided that when we had kids we wanted to take them to Disney when they were 6.  So this August, I said, "The kids are 6!!!" So we called a travel agent who just so happened to be at HU when we were, and got us a trip booked to Walt Disney World.  For the past 6 months we have been silent about it!  Keeping this secret was HARD!!!  When we got home from DFW for CHristmas, we decided to let the cat out of the bag... or balloons out of the box in our case!

THe first thing I did was wrap 29 Disney books.  Each night was has unwrapped one for our bedtime story and the numbers serve as our countdown to Disney. No new books were bought for this effort - I'm not sure if that is good or bad! hahaha
 The boys were at mom and dad's, so I went to Party City and got some balloons.  Then I wrote on them " On ____"  "we are"  "going to"  "Disney World!!!"  When they got home, they saw these packages..
 Then the opening began!!!  It was so exciting for the teacher in me, because they read the balloons! :)
 Once all the balloons were read the screaming and jumping began!
To protect the safety of our house we aren't saying on-line when we are going, but it is soon and we cannot wait!!!

No comments: