Fast Forward about 2000 years to the cross of calvary... God knew that his son was going to die. He knew that he was going to suffer terribly. He knew that it would be horrible and worse than we can imagine for Jesus. But God loved all of us more than his only Son...and Jesus loved all of us more than he loved being free from pain. Jesus could have called on 10,000 angels, but he died. He died so that we can live!!!
Then Ralph gave a touching sermon about our own earthly fathers. How they are so proud of us and love us so much. How they sacrifice and work hard to provide for their families. How we should honor and obey our fathers.
That got me thinking (a scary thing, I know!). I adore my Dad. He rocks in my book... a man of faith, fun, character, and love. He is a rock for our family and has supported me in all my (sometimes crazy) endeavors. He is a leader for our church family and I am proud to be his daughter... Now, shouldn't I feel the same way about God? Do I allow myself to see God as I see my own Dad? God is crazy in love with me and adores me, just like Dad does. God is my rock and refuge. He supports all of our endeavors and HIS plan will always succeed. He guides, teaches, loves and sacrifices for his kids.
So today, as we are all celebrating the men on the earth who we love and adore and wear the name "Dad", I hope to remember my FATHER in HEAVEN too and thank Him for being my Father also.
1 comment:
Yes, those were such powerful messages shared this morning and caused a few goosebumpy & lightbulb-going-off moments.
I agree with what you said--the comparison to our Heavenly Father--and how to make HIM proud as well as our earthly fathers--you explained it perfectly and I just jumbled it up. Can I just say ditto? :)
Post a Comment