Saturday, June 11, 2011

Counting Game

Along yesterday's post lines, we've also picked up doing some math activity most days of the week. As a teacher, my favorite approach to math was to "Sneaky Teach" them... like use M&M's to count, sort, pattern and graph. They just spent 45 minutes doing math and did not even know it! haha

So anyway, in that stack of treasures I inherited, there was this awesome book...


I gathered up a basket of the needed school supplies , copied the game board and we were off to play (and learn!)


All you do is roll a dice...
then collect the corresponding school supply from the basket. The first person to collect all 5 wins!
It has been a MAJOR HIT around this house! In fact, I think I'm going to make some other version with different toys. The boys are getting better at rolling dice, counting and number recognition. Now to add on number writing...

Happy sneaky learning!



No comments: